Head and Shoulders Moisture Care System



The Head and Shoulders Moisture Care System is designed to combat flakes, dandruff, and dry scalp while at the same time  providing needed moisture. This is a 4 part system that includes the Co-Wash, 2-1 shampoo and conditioner, and scalp soother.


The 2-1 shampoo and conditioner did a good job in washing away all of the dirt and grime and left my hair smelling fresh and clean. I liked the lather that I got from this as a little goes a long way. I also liked the ingredients like vitamin E, almond oil, and coconut abstract. The one concern for me about this product is that although it did do a good job of getting my hair and scalp clean I did notice that for me it did not do a good job in providing as much moisture back into my hair than I was expecting. I have very dry hair to begin with and I am looking for products that will not dry it out even more. I noticed after using the 2-1 that my hair was very  hard to de-tangle. For the past few months I have been using products that have all natural ingredients like Shea butter and argon oil. The current shampoo that I use is paraben and sulfate free and it has really made a huge difference in my hair. I don't have any de-tangling issues and my hair feels very moisturized, hydrated, refresh, and soft with my other hair care system. I also try to stay away from hair products that include Sulfate. Sulfates are very strong cleansers that can dissolve the oils on your skin, and  can cause your hair and scalp to be dry and can cause or worsen eczema, dandruff, and other conditions. I have African American hair which is more inherent to being drier and brittle compared to other nationalities which is why I try to stay away from products that carry harsh ingredients. The 2-1 system did do a good job in cleaning my hair but I just wish that my hair felt softer and had a little more moisture after using this system.

As far as the Co-Wash was concerned, I really did like this as an add on to the 2-1 shampoo and conditioner. I did notice that my hair was a little easier to manage after using the 2-1 product. It also helped in de-tangling my hair. It did help provide a little more moisture back into my hair. 

I did like using the Scalp Soother. It wouldn't be something that I would use all the time but I did enjoy this product. The reason being is that I occasionally flat iron my hair in-between washes and I would be unsure as to how this might interact with this process. Also not sure if this would create more build up into the hair. But I do like and appreciate the idea of relieving irritation from dry or itchy scalp.

Overall I think this system is good. I do not know if I would completely change what I am currently using but I will continue to use up what I already have and then make a decision whether or not to repurchase.

I received this product courtesy of BzzAgent in exchange for honest review.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora and Victoria Secret Gift Card Giveaway

Crystal Wash

$20 New York & Company Gift Card Giveaway